Question

I have 80 shapefiles with attribution, some similar some only on one or two shapefiles. My issue is, when i bulk load all shapefiles some of the attributes "DIssapear" .

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

This topic has neen discussed before, but im at a loss. I cant understand why, if an attribute exists in a shapefile, its not added to the list of attributes. I can though, see them in the preview, under the list of available columns.

The issue comes, when I am trying to validate the attribute, it dosent exist!, I use the attribute exposer, but all the attributes are blank.

Please any help appreciated

PS: I have found a work around, If I load individual bulk loads for each dataset type (30) I can load all the ATtributes correctly. This is not ideal, as I now have 30 readers instead of one..

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I had a very brief look at this in my weekly live stream and couldn't find anything obvious that would cause this. If you could share some data or record a video of what it looks like for you, I think it would help us. You can see what I was doing in the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB3LXE9ycp0&t=2690s

Hi @mark2atsafe​ ,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.

As it turns out, the issue forced me to look at it from another perspective, which has addressed the issue. It unfortunately means that I can’t now replicate the

error with the original workbench, which means I can’t show you the issue. I did try to replicate the issue in a new workbench, but all required attributes are passed through. I have come to the conclusion that it may have been some issue with my workbench. It has over 600 transformers in it, and it may be some ghost in the machine or I may at some stage self-sabotaged my workflow, I’m unsure.

Once again, thank you for looking into this and taking the time to try and sort thte issue out for me.

I will say that, thanks to the issue and the fact that I introduced a reader per dataset, ive been exposed to new options and transformers I had not looked into before. Like the option to allow you to continue a workbench when a reader fails and then using the LogMessageStreamer to pass the errors into the workbench, allowing me to tag these datasets as not being recieved, Nice!!

Every dark cloud has a silver Lining!!

Thanks again for looking at this.