Question

What's Up Wednesday (30-Mar-2022): The World Tour Starts, New Webinars Listed, a Fireside Chat, and Customer Stories Revamped. Plus one final chance to vote for FME's Favourite Transformer.

• 30 March 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello FME'ers,

Welcome to What's Up Wednesday

The World Tour Starts

The FME World Tour is off to a flying start with a virtual event held by Locus in New Zealand.

WUW-2022-03-30-1 

Today is the final day and I'm scheduled to appear as part of a round table discussion.

Of course, there are many more events to come, with Safe's own "Virtual Brunch and Learn" beginning next Tuesday (5th).

And while Red Geographics don't have the same supercar (is that a 2CV?) they definitely have the colour-coordination done well, just as you'd expect from a team of cartographers.

WUW-2022-03-30-2 

So visit the full schedule to see what events - both in-person and virtual - you might wish to attend.

What's Under the Hood?

If you want to see what's under the hood (or bonnet) or FME and take a peek into the engine, then I can recommend an upcoming webinar called, well... Lifting the Hood of the FME Engine. That's myself and my colleague Andrea who are presenting, and we hope to cover in a bit more depth some of the 2022 updates you may have already heard about.

WUW-2022-03-30-4 

The following day, Laura Wu and Mark Stoakes are presenting The Ins and Outs of Debugging Workspaces, which should also be a great webinar to attend.

Customer Stories Revamped

We all know that the best bits of the FME World Tour (and User Conference) are the sections reserved for customer stories. There are so many great examples of FME use around the world that it can be hard to keep up.

So you'll be interested to know that we've revamped the Customer Stories pages on our website:

WUW-2022-03-30-5 

We have 172 different customers highlighted here. Reading through these is a great way to learn about how people are using FME, and I hope it gives these customers some much-deserved exposure.

WUW-2022-03-30-6 

The latest story is about how the Norwegian Environment Agency (NEA) and the UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC) are collaborating to help reduce the risk of environmental damage when planning industrial operations.

User and Partner Activities

Earlier this week I noticed a post on the FME Community about a user-developed tool called the FME Desktop Starter.

WUW-2022-03-30-7 

What we have there, is a tool for handling multiple FME installations. You can assign it to open .fmw files on your system and then - when used - it opens the workspace in the last FME version in which the workspace was edited. If it can't find the same version, it provides a list of available installations.

Kudos (and a Safe Award badge) to user @tomfriedl​ for implementing this great tool.

Meanwhile, back in New Zealand, Abley has posted their latest FME Fireside Chat video. This one is called "Calling all Callers". I wonder what it's about?!

WUW-2022-03-30-8 

Back in Europe, con terra has just posted a new date for an online training course for FME and Python. This one is in English, so if you are reading this post, you are probably OK to attend!

And in France, I see that Geonov has just published the FME Transformer Guide, en francais.

WUW-2022-03-30-9 

I expect the content now is very much different from these gems!

And, finally, I see that 1Spatial is looking for a US-based Senior Consultant, with "Experience using FME and SQL". So check that out if you are interested.

Congratulations...

Congratulations this week to Tino Miegel of con terra for renewing his FME Trainer Certification. Adam Czerkawski gained his FME Server certification, and Josh Symonds passed both Desktop and Server Professional in the same week!

WUW-2022-03-30-10 

FME's Favourite Transformer

It's the semi-finals and final this week! At the time of me posting this, you literally have 3 hours to vote in the semi-finals.

MI_graphic_SF1 

The final takes place on Thursday and Friday this week, so don't forget to check-in and vote on one of those days.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!