Solved

Workbenches using Download Service not providing download result links

• 30 March 2022
  • 7 replies

We have several workbenches on server that we had set up to use the Download service to allow us to extract sections of national datasets for queries and plan production purposes. However, recently they have stopped providing the download links to the results and any new workbenches we've published to the server are also unable to provide links to download (these have also been set up with the download service). The workbenches are able produce the results, it's just not returning any links.Services-in-workbenchResultsAny ideas on what could be causing this would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 30 March 2022, 18:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Just to be on the safe side: when publishing a workspace with the Data Download service, check the properties (under the Edit button) and make sure your writers are actually included in the download.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Check the properties in the datadownload service there when publishing to make sure the correct writer(s) are selected for download. Also when running the job on FME Server be sure that you are using the DataDownload service and not the Job Submitter service.

Just to be on the safe side: when publishing a workspace with the Data Download service, check the properties (under the Edit button) and make sure your writers are actually included in the download.

Thanks for that.

I have checked the settings and the writers have been included as suggested.

Check the properties in the datadownload service there when publishing to make sure the correct writer(s) are selected for download. Also when running the job on FME Server be sure that you are using the DataDownload service and not the Job Submitter service.

Thanks for the feedback.

As per my reply to redgeographics, I've looked over the workflows and the writers have been included where needed. I've also looked at the service that the workflows have been set to use (they have been loaded into server apps that users access) and they were all set to the download service as you suggested and providing the same response.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thanks for the feedback.

As per my reply to redgeographics, I've looked over the workflows and the writers have been included where needed. I've also looked at the service that the workflows have been set to use (they have been loaded into server apps that users access) and they were all set to the download service as you suggested and providing the same response.

Hmm, in that case it seems like the job is finishing successfully without any features reaching the writer. You should be able to see in the log if there were any features written.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh wait, I see you are getting a feature written there from your screen shot - seems weird.

As a test - instead of using a generic writer​ can you try a different writer? I feel like I remember reading something about a bug with the generic writer and the data download service.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks! I replaced the generic writer with dedicated writers and it's producing the download links again.