Question

Extract attribute from autocad

Badge +2

Hi all,

Is there any way to extract the area and length attribute from the cad file.

I tried AttributeExposer but i couldn't extract area and length..

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I think these are geometric properties in cad, not attributes.

In FME you can calculate these using the LengthCalculator and AreaCalculator.

Badge +2

Yes you right and i know that i can use LengthCalculator and AreaCalculator but the Number of digits after the decimal point will not be the same.

I need to extract the Area and length with the same number of digits after the decimal point.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Yes you right and i know that i can use LengthCalculator and AreaCalculator but the Number of digits after the decimal point will not be the same.

I need to extract the Area and length with the same number of digits after the decimal point.

Hi @mazenaldaas​ would you be able to share some of the results you get from the LengthCalculator and the AreaCalculator? Are the transformers producing too many digits after the decimal point or not enough?

Badge +2

Hi @mazenaldaas​ would you be able to share some of the results you get from the LengthCalculator and the AreaCalculator? Are the transformers producing too many digits after the decimal point or not enough?

sure ..

You can find the difference of the created digits after the decimal point by using the AreaCalculator and the number of digits after the decimal point in the first image..

The highlighted record cantons the calculated area for the same polygon in the first image.