Solved

Access "token" not found for connection (Google Sheets)

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

The above before the parentheses is the error and following up on the solution, I have a web connection that I'm trying to establish in FME Server. When I go through the steps to authenticate, I get the attached dialog. I do not understand what this is telling me. It says to "Navigate to FME" but this dialog came from FME server (after logging into Google) so why isn't it just using it. I do not understand where to put the authorization code.

I found these instructions that cover "Managing Web Services" but the Web Service already exists and I don't feel comfortable pasting over what is there because I didn't create it (2nd screenshot).

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/WebUI/Web-Connections.htm

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 30 March 2022, 00:58

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @jbchurchill​ ,

The Redirect URI you have will work in FME Desktop, however, in FME Server this will need to point to http(s)://<hostname>.<domain>/fmeoauth (Essentially you are telling Google once authorization is complete to redirect this information back to your FME Server).

In your Google App you should Create Credentials > Create OAuth client ID and set the Application Type = Web Application. On this page there is a section for 'Authorized redirect URIs' where you should add the above-mentioned URI. Once you save the app you will need to update the Client ID & Secret in the Web Service on FME Server to those generated for the web application.

Badge

Hi @jbchurchill​ ,

The Redirect URI you have will work in FME Desktop, however, in FME Server this will need to point to http(s)://<hostname>.<domain>/fmeoauth (Essentially you are telling Google once authorization is complete to redirect this information back to your FME Server).

In your Google App you should Create Credentials > Create OAuth client ID and set the Application Type = Web Application. On this page there is a section for 'Authorized redirect URIs' where you should add the above-mentioned URI. Once you save the app you will need to update the Client ID & Secret in the Web Service on FME Server to those generated for the web application.

I'm not sure that was exactly where I was stuck. I got past that part ok. With the popup I showed I was confused about where to put that code. I don't quite remember what I did but I don't think I needed it anywhere. I was confused about what credentials to use at the end but it was my user account on the fme server.

Badge +2

I'm not sure that was exactly where I was stuck. I got past that part ok. With the popup I showed I was confused about where to put that code. I don't quite remember what I did but I don't think I needed it anywhere. I was confused about what credentials to use at the end but it was my user account on the fme server.

Hi @jbchurchill​ ,

Yes, you don't need that code. That pop-up was displayed because of the redirect Uri that was specified in the web service definition, once this is corrected to point to FME Server, when you select 'Authorize' you'll first be prompted to enter your credentials, then you'll be asked to allow access to your account:

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.35.32 AM Once that's done, you'll be redirected back to FME Server and you'll see an Authorization successful message for your Web Connection:

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 8.35.41 AM