Question

Hello, I would like to ask about converting a vegetation model from .skp to Citygml, but in the end it cannot be displayed in layers like buildings

Hello, I would like to ask about converting a vegetation model from .skp to Citygml, but in the end it cannot be displayed in layers like buildings, do I need to set an extended ADE, I tried to select the feature type output of buildings such as wall surface, but Can not output successfully. What I want to ask is how to output a CITYGML vegetation model that can be displayed in layersSnipaste_2022-03-29_22-25-33

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

You might find some success with the CityGML Create SolitaryVegetation with Implicit Description template on the FME Hub which was developed by our partner con terra and virtualcitySYSTEMS. Please keep in mind that this template was created for FME 2021.0.0.1 (Build 21306) or higher.

Let me know how that goes and if you need any more help.

You might find some success with the CityGML Create SolitaryVegetation with Implicit Description template on the FME Hub which was developed by our partner con terra and virtualcitySYSTEMS. Please keep in mind that this template was created for FME 2021.0.0.1 (Build 21306) or higher.

Let me know how that goes and if you need any more help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yes the SVO usually consists of a single feature per tree. Some users have found it enough to create roots, crowns as separate features which could be linked with a shared external reference ID or a similar gml:id.

You could of course create and ADE to extend the standard. I'm sure there would be other users who would be interested in using it.​