Question

Calculating values in CSV file

• 25 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi,

I have lengths for two different types of cable and i need to see the difference and generate report. Calculating values using excel formula in a column.

The formula returns TRUE and FALSE values in CSV output. I want to manipulate more to filter out TRUE and FALSE values and outputted as a separate CSV file. Its seems like difficult to do as my column in FME look like this: imageI would appreciate any help and suggestion to accomplish this task!

Thank you,

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Is your input file a csv or xlsx? When reading in an excel file it will parse the equation and also give you the option to get the formula

imageimage 

If its a csv, you may need to save it as an xlsx first and then use the excel reader.

It would be possible to breakdown the formulare into something FME could work with, however there would be a lot of edge cases you'd need to account for

Badge +8

Is your input file a csv or xlsx? When reading in an excel file it will parse the equation and also give you the option to get the formula

imageimage 

If its a csv, you may need to save it as an xlsx first and then use the excel reader.

It would be possible to breakdown the formulare into something FME could work with, however there would be a lot of edge cases you'd need to account for

@hkingsbury​  thanks for the reply. I am not reading from excel or the CSV. The lengths data are stored in the geodatabase tables. I am doing some joins and statistics calculations as well. I have created a separate attribute that has a formula stored to return TRUE and FALSE values after comparing the sum of lengths. I am writing it to the CSV to generate a report. My output looks good and I see TRUE and FALSE values returned however, It's just the last step where I wanted to filter this formula column to filter TRUE and FALSE lengths in the output.

Thanks,

srhjunaid