Question

Unable to add two different files in the same zip folder

• 24 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have this problem:

In the workbench there are many writers. Two of them should be in the same zip folder. This happens when I run the workbench in FME Desktop, but when I run it from FME server I only get 1 of the two files in the zipped folder.

I use fanouts:

@Value(field1)_ExportacioGIS.zip\\SortidaDXF.dxf

@Value(field1)_ExportacioGIS.zip\\SortidaDWG.dwg

Where "field1" is the same value for each file.

In the desktop I get the expected output:

imagenBut when it runs from the server I get only the DXF file. I try it using a Job Submitter and a Data Download services.

Any idea why it does not work from the server?

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hey @ess​ ,

When you publish to FME Server and select the Data Download service, can you ensure that both the .DWG and .dxf files are listed in Writers to Download? You can do so in the Publish to FME Server Wizard on the Register Services page. Click on the Edit... next to Data Download. This will open another window to Edit Data Download Properties. Here you can see what writers are included in your Download service. Click the 3 dots to edit and select the other missing file.

RegisterServices Hope this helps!

Badge

Hey @ess​ ,

When you publish to FME Server and select the Data Download service, can you ensure that both the .DWG and .dxf files are listed in Writers to Download? You can do so in the Publish to FME Server Wizard on the Register Services page. Click on the Edit... next to Data Download. This will open another window to Edit Data Download Properties. Here you can see what writers are included in your Download service. Click the 3 dots to edit and select the other missing file.

RegisterServices Hope this helps!

Thanks for your answer @keziaatsafe​,

Both files, dwg and dxf, are selected in writers to download.

imagenThe output structure is ok:

imagenimagenBut inside the zip there is only one file:

imagen

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks for your answer @keziaatsafe​,

Both files, dwg and dxf, are selected in writers to download.

imagenThe output structure is ok:

imagenimagenBut inside the zip there is only one file:

imagen

Hey @ess​,

I was able to reproduce the issue. I get the error message in my job log with Data Download service: MULTI_WRITER: Skipped adding of some files to zip file 'C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\system\\temp\\engineresults\\FME_10107261_1648475221916_78472.zip' because they already exist.

If you are seeing a similar error in your FME Server job log, please check that the account running the FME Engine Service has full permissions to that location.

However, when using the Job Submitter Service, both files successfully wrote to my zip folder.

If possible, can you please share:

• Data Download job log
  • Job Submitter job log

Thanks!

Badge +8

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

I having the same issue as above so I wonder how I should proceed in order to solve the issue.

Best regards,

Felipe Verdú

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

I having the same issue as above so I wonder how I should proceed in order to solve the issue.

Best regards,

Felipe Verdú

Hi @felipeverdu​ ,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue.

A couple of questions to get started:

• What version of FME are you using?
  • Are you using fanouts for the file names?
  • How many files are you trying to write to the zip file? How many are not being written?
  • Are you seeing any warning or error messages in the Job log?
  • Is it running successfully in FME Workbench?
  • What services are you using to run the job on FME Flow (Server)?

Thanks,

Kezia

Badge +8

Hi @keziaatsafe​ 

I am running FME 2022.2.4 (22792)

I am not using fanouts for the file names but attribute creator; the number of files can vary depending on the customer but at least 2 files. This works fine in desktop; the job log warns me telling me that the zip file exists already; and I am using data download och job submitter on FME Flow.

PS.- sorry for the delay

Best regards,

Felipe Verdú