Solved

Run once for each feature or once on the collection?

Badge +8

I'm working on a script someone else wrote. Is this stored SQL procedure going to be executed for once for each incoming feature, or once on the collection of features?

100,000 features feeding into an SQl Executor 

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 24 March 2022, 07:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The SQLExecutor will trigger once per feature, so in this case 100000 times.

If you only want to run it once you can use e.g. a Sampler to split off one feature to trigger it, or aggregate the data first (and then deaggregate later), although with 100000 features that's probably going to be a performance hit.

Badge +8

Thanks! I'm glad I took the time to ask. :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thanks! I'm glad I took the time to ask. :-)

You're welcome! The HTTPCaller works in the same one (one request per feature) so I once ended up doing a DOS attack by mistake 😅

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You're welcome! The HTTPCaller works in the same one (one request per feature) so I once ended up doing a DOS attack by mistake 😅

I haven't done that, but I have managed to send multiple emails by mistake. Thankfully I had a lot fewer features than 100,000

Badge +8

This case was almost the worst possible combination. It turns out the stored procedure was copying all records from one table to another, so 100,000 FME features * copy 540,000 rows. 😨

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Oh wow! Yeah, that would have been bad!