Question

Excel template file cannot be located

• 22 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi. I write data to an excel file using an excel template. I also make use of a Python script to upload the newly created excel file to SmartSheet making use of the API. The program runs perfectly from FME Workbench, but when I run it on FME Server, I get the following error message in the log: "Python Exception <FileNotFoundError>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:" 

I have similar files running and working on FME server, but they do not make use of a template file. The error message pertains to the path of the template file, which is in the same directory where the dataset is written to.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

hello @trevor1​ , thanks for posting! Sorry to hear you're having issues getting this working on FME Server. It may be worth double checking where the file mentioned in the error is located, and seeing if your service account thats running the FME Server engine service has proper permissions to access that location. Also, are your FME Server and FME Desktop the same version/build? Sometimes that can cause issues as well. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Hi, thank you for the response. I have managed to correct it by modifying the template file path in the parameters. There was a mismatch between the mapped location and viewing it from the server side.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi, thank you for the response. I have managed to correct it by modifying the template file path in the parameters. There was a mismatch between the mapped location and viewing it from the server side.

@trevor1​ Glad to hear it! Thanks for the update.