Question

Unable to upload new AGOL web connection

• 21 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I am attempting to add a new web connection/web service that I have created from the Esri ArcGIS Online service with my own app ID/secret. 

I have tried to upload the web connection both during workspace publication and also through the Manage Services dialog. In both cases, I am getting the following error: 

Web service upload failed - FME Server encountered an error and reported the following message.
929018:FME Error: Unable to create derived service from a non system web service..  Please contact Safe Support for more information

This is happening both on our on premise FME Server (version 2021.2.3), as well as an FME Cloud instance (2021.2.2). I tested from another computer and was able to successfully upload the connection from Workbench there, running 2021.2.3 on both machines.

I have already tried uninstalling FME, deleting the FME folder from my Program Files, restarting, and deleting the registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Safe Software Inc, and am still running into the same issue after reinstalling.

Error when attempting publish to Server

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @mechomicky_bmcd​ ,

Thanks for posting this issue. It looks like this may be an issue related to publishing cross-platform. Is your on-premise FME Server a Linux installation? It appears FME Desktop is Windows. I have an open issue for this FMESERVER-17883, but it would be great if you can make a case, so we can refine can the details and look at temporary workarounds such as migrating the Web Connections in an FME Server Project

Badge +4

Hi @mechomicky_bmcd​ ,

Thanks for posting this issue. It looks like this may be an issue related to publishing cross-platform. Is your on-premise FME Server a Linux installation? It appears FME Desktop is Windows. I have an open issue for this FMESERVER-17883, but it would be great if you can make a case, so we can refine can the details and look at temporary workarounds such as migrating the Web Connections in an FME Server Project

@richardatsafe​ ,

The on-premise server is a Windows installation. The other computer that I was able to upload the connection from is also on Windows, but that is not my primary computer. I will submit a case, thank you.