Question

Undefined macro 'xyz' dereferenced in file `\\wb-xlate-1647889499447_22120'

• 21 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I know this question has been asked but in the comments it was said that this was solved in 2017 but just in the last half year it happened to me twice.

Both times I was using FME Desktop 2021.2.1, I was copying a part of a pipeline to a blank workspace and copying the user parameters as well. Then I solved by recreating manually the workspace and addig each and every transformer one by one.

This time not even that helps, there's always a value it's complaining about or it's messing up fetching the values from user parameters, even after you recreate them.

I even tried to create a new workspace that had NO relation to the rest and when I created a user param with value XY and printed it in a pythoncaller it printed XY DEFAULT MACRO FME_FACTORY.

Now this messed up my whole workspace and am about to lose a lot of work, how can this be repaired/solved?

2 replies

I could only solve this by uninstalling FME, opening up the corrupt files and creating a blank one with all of the transformers from the original added to it one by one

In FME 2018, I used workspacerunners reading and writing files with dynamic paths using user parameters such as "..\\folder\\$(subfolder_parameter)\\file.json" with normal readers/writers. It worked perfectly fine.

But when I moved to FME2022 I got the same issue "Undefined macro 'subfolder_parameter' dereferenced in file `\\wb-xlate...." . After days of inquiries, I understood it all came from the relative paths inside the fmw files called by the worspacerunners. Eventually I found 3 solutions :

- use featurereaders/writers instead of normal readers/writers

- use fanout expressions (available in writer only seemingly)

- set the relative path from within the workspacerunner transformer

Not sure it helps, but I wanted to share to prevent anyone having as much trouble as me!