Question

FME-Form-Starter

• 20 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi all,

I'm wirting a program and I thing is alos usefull for other:

FME-Starter simplifies the opening of FMW files when installing several FME version.

The program must first be associated with the .fmw file extension (Windows context menu, Open with). When opening FMW-files, it will check if there is an FME version installed that matches the last one saved.

If yes, this workbench will be opened with this version. Otherwise a selection of all installed FME versions is displayed.

If a hotkey is pressed when starting the program, the selection is also displayed. In the settings you can choise the hotkey between Shift or Control.

On dircet opening the executable yout can choise the FME-version to run. In the settings you can choise a hotkey (Shift or Control) to run the actual version directly.

With FMX-files (custom-transformer) the FME-Starter has the same behaviour with the difference that the file is opened for editing instead of installing it.

The settings are accessible via the help button (?).

Download: http://datunddat.de/fme-starter/

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this program. I am going to mention it in the What's Up Wednesday post this week.

Badge +21

Great tool @tomfriedl​ , this should be implemented with the standard FME Workbench itself, but I guess thats up for Safe to decide, and an Idea on the Ideas-board!

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

I have upload a update with new features:

• settings for hotkey: shift or control
  • settings to customize the colors of buttons
  • possible to start direct the newest installed FME-Version
  • FMX-Files support. Same behaviour like FMW-Files.

The description in the 1. post is adjusted.