Question

unable to sync data from Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb) Reader to Oracle Spatial Object Writer from columns with datatype TIMESTAMP(6) from FME Server.

Badge

From FME desktop it is possible to write the correct datatime (TIMESTAMP(6) to TIMESTAMP(6)) )when I switch the rows timestamp fme_datetime, timestamptz(width) fme_datetime in file:

"C:\\Program Files\\FMEServer\\Server\\fme\\metafile\\oracleAttrCommon.fmi".

From FME server TIMESTAMP(6) becomes TIMESTAMP(6) WITH TIME ZONE...

Is there a file on FME server what overrules this modification in the fmi file?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @heinderooij​ ,

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. The output should be the same in Desktop and Server so it's interesting that this is occurring.

A couple questions to dig deeper:

• What version and build of FME Desktop and FME Server are you running?
  • Are you connecting to the same database and table?
  • Is this running on the same machine? (are their differences in Oracle drivers?)
  • In your writer, are the data types auto assigned?
  • Is your writer dynamic? Do you know of any oracle client configuration differences?
  • Are you able to share your workspace here to take a look?

Thanks!

Kezia

Badge

Hi @heinderooij​ ,

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. The output should be the same in Desktop and Server so it's interesting that this is occurring.

A couple questions to dig deeper:

• What version and build of FME Desktop and FME Server are you running?
  • Are you connecting to the same database and table?
  • Is this running on the same machine? (are their differences in Oracle drivers?)
  • In your writer, are the data types auto assigned?
  • Is your writer dynamic? Do you know of any oracle client configuration differences?
  • Are you able to share your workspace here to take a look?

Thanks!

Kezia

hi Kezia,

* on a virtual machine I'm running fme desktop FME(R) 2021.1.1.0 (20210730 - Build 21619 - WIN64) and on server: FME Server 2021.1.1 Build 21619 - win64 both with oracle client 19c

*we are working with a schema mapping as the source dataset

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

hi Kezia,

* on a virtual machine I'm running fme desktop FME(R) 2021.1.1.0 (20210730 - Build 21619 - WIN64) and on server: FME Server 2021.1.1 Build 21619 - win64 both with oracle client 19c

*we are working with a schema mapping as the source dataset

Hi @heinderooij​ ,

Thank you for the additional information. Would you mind submitting a support case with us to take a closer look? This way you can share/attach your data, workspace and translation log for us to get a reproduction of the issue.

Thanks,

Kezia

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Sharing some suggestions we made to @heinderooij​ in their support case. We don't have a confirmed resolution as of yet.

I spoke to one of my colleagues on the development team here at Safe, and they mentioned that although modifying that file is something we wouldn't recommend doing, it should work the same on FME Desktop and FME Server. Confirm that:

1. you're editing the correct instance of that file (i.e. Are you sure that you're editing the actual install directory used by FME Server? 
  2. you've restarted your FME Server instance after making the changes to your machine.