Solved

Delete a folder from FME Data folder

I'm trying to delete a folder from FME Data folder using the following workspace:

image" data-fileid="0694Q00000GIAeeQAH 

Then I try to run the workspace from server:

image" data-fileid="0694Q00000GIAeoQAH 

First, the folder is not deleted though there is no error thrown.

Secondly, I got a warning for SSL certificate.

2022-5-24 08:50:20 | alim3263 FME Server - DES: SSL certificate verification failed for host 'xxxxxx.com'. HTTPS connections may not be secure. Disabling verification of SSL certificates. Message: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='xxxxxx.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /fmerest/v3/resources/connections/Z:/fmeserverdata/resources/data/source/RVT/folder (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1125)')))

Can you advise please?

icon

Best answer by mustafa.salah 31 May 2022, 12:53

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

This article would be a great place to start troubleshooting your SSL warning message.

As for the workspace, does it run successfully in Desktop? Is there a missing forward slash between $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA) and source folder, so that it looks like this: $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/source/RVT/folder. If possible, can you share the full job log here to take a closer look at what is occurring?

Thanks,

Kezia

Thanks the link was helpful, though the error is gone, the folder is not deleted.

It seems like this transformer is only deleting files, is there a way to delete the folders?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks the link was helpful, though the error is gone, the folder is not deleted.

It seems like this transformer is only deleting files, is there a way to delete the folders?

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

After testing out the transformer, it requires the Object ID, therefore the path would need to look something like this: FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA/filesys/<folder>/<folder>

DeleteFolderUsing the file/URL parameter type won't work in this case. In Desktop, you can configure the user parameter for Object ID by selecting the 3 dots to point to a folder. Then create a user parameter with the down arrow. Once you select okay, your user parameter for Object ID will be saved.

FMEServerResourceConnector1FMEServerResourceConnector2FMEServerResourceConnector3Hope this helps!

Kezia

Thanks a lot.

Actually this is the same settings I'm using:

imageThen in the FME server automation I assign the path to the folder to be deleted but it never worked.

One more note:

fmeIn the error message, I notice a strange URL, is it normal, or there is something wrong?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks a lot.

Actually this is the same settings I'm using:

imageThen in the FME server automation I assign the path to the folder to be deleted but it never worked.

One more note:

fmeIn the error message, I notice a strange URL, is it normal, or there is something wrong?

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

Thanks for the screenshot and additional information. The url is unusual looking. Are you using a mapped drive? This article may be helpful to look into if you have any mapped drive in your workspaces. Is the error message still present?

Are you able to share the whole job log here? What is the folder path that you're pointing to? It may be easier to get it working in Desktop and Run a Workspace page first before brining it into automations.

Thanks,

Kezia

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

Thanks for the screenshot and additional information. The url is unusual looking. Are you using a mapped drive? This article may be helpful to look into if you have any mapped drive in your workspaces. Is the error message still present?

Are you able to share the whole job log here? What is the folder path that you're pointing to? It may be easier to get it working in Desktop and Run a Workspace page first before brining it into automations.

Thanks,

Kezia

Please find attached 2 log files where they have 2 different values to the URL.

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

Thanks,

Kezia

I don't know why this part "/fmerest/v3/resources/connections/" is prefixing the URL!!

There is one update:

The error sort of gone(I can't see it anymore) but FME server still not deleting the folder.

This is my log: (Lines 49 and 50)Web capture_30-5-2022_8148_des-fme-uk.atkinsgeospatial.comWhile this is my folder trees:

Web capture_30-5-2022_81310_des-fme-uk.atkinsgeospatial.comSo the only explanation is the transformer is deleting files (not folders), isn't it?

Also I'm attaching my log file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

There is one update:

The error sort of gone(I can't see it anymore) but FME server still not deleting the folder.

This is my log: (Lines 49 and 50)Web capture_30-5-2022_8148_des-fme-uk.atkinsgeospatial.comWhile this is my folder trees:

Web capture_30-5-2022_81310_des-fme-uk.atkinsgeospatial.comSo the only explanation is the transformer is deleting files (not folders), isn't it?

Also I'm attaching my log file.

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

Thanks for the additional and updated information. Going back to FME Desktop, are you able to access the file storage service from the "..." button next to the Object ID parameter in the FMEServerResourceConnector transformer?

FileStorageServiceIf yes, are you able to point to data/destination/Extraction/Badr? What does the hardcoded path to Badr folder look like?

Does it look something like this? The path needs to include /filesys/ in order for the folder to be located and deleted successfully. image 

Thanks,

Kezia

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

Thanks for the additional and updated information. Going back to FME Desktop, are you able to access the file storage service from the "..." button next to the Object ID parameter in the FMEServerResourceConnector transformer?

FileStorageServiceIf yes, are you able to point to data/destination/Extraction/Badr? What does the hardcoded path to Badr folder look like?

Does it look something like this? The path needs to include /filesys/ in order for the folder to be located and deleted successfully. image 

Thanks,

Kezia

Aha, no it seems like I don't have permission.

imageHow can I do it?

Hi @mustafa.salah​ ,

Thanks,

Kezia

I just get the privilege from the FME administrator, now I can access the folder:

imageBut I still not able to delete the folder from the automation in FME server:

I managed to solve the issue. It was the path captured wrongly by FME:

Rather than: "$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)/destination/Extraction/Sample_project_CRC_code_with_values"

It should be: "FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA/filesys/destination/Extraction/Sample_project_CRC_code_with_values"