Question

Directory and File Pathnames reader - how to use incoming attribute features for 'Dataset' and 'Path Filters'

Badge

Greetings- I am trying to have a FeatureReader (set to format 'Directory and File Pathnames') fetch file properties for a list of 'Dataset' paths and 'Path Filters' which are incoming Attribute Features but have been unsuccessful in getting it to recognize them as valid. . only 'fixed' values seem to work. I've been through the help and Community posts on this and haven't found anything so far. Thanks in advance for any input.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Are you getting an error or simply no files being returned? I'm able to read using attribute values as the dataset and path filter without issue.

imageHow complex is your path filter?

Badge

Thanks for your reply. I'm getting no errors. . just 19 features (same # of incoming dataset/path filters) on the <Initiator> output port for the reader that show '0' _matched_records .

Badge

Are you getting an error or simply no files being returned? I'm able to read using attribute values as the dataset and path filter without issue.

imageHow complex is your path filter?

Update! If I renamed the incoming dataset to 'filepath' like in your example, I see that portion is working now (but only with a fixed Path Filter. I'm still not able to get a changing-per-incoming-feature Path Filter to work. Half way there! I did try changing the incoming attribute name to be 'filter' like your example but it's still not working. Again- thanks for the help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Update! If I renamed the incoming dataset to 'filepath' like in your example, I see that portion is working now (but only with a fixed Path Filter. I'm still not able to get a changing-per-incoming-feature Path Filter to work. Half way there! I did try changing the incoming attribute name to be 'filter' like your example but it's still not working. Again- thanks for the help.

Can you share an example of a filter you are trying to use? My test was with a very straightforward *.zip value

Badge

I'm not sending wildcard filters but rather specific filenames known to exist within the path (dataset), e.g. these filters: SiteList.csv, Antenna_Models-Southeast.csv, etc. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Do you have Recurse Into Subfolders set to No?

For some reason, if using attributes to set the values, it only works if this parameter is set to Yes. The exact same fixed values return a record when the parameter is set to No

Badge

screenshotI did have it set to no. . however after changing it to Yes, still same result where it's not finding the files. Here's a screenshot in case you see any other problems. Appreciate it!

Badge

I am getting the below warning 19 times (one for each file) . . I imagine it's a clue as to what's going on. . the leading characters of **/ in the filter seem to be throwing it. I have no idea why those characters are being added. Again, using a fixed value (vs. using an incoming feature) seems to not have the issue the incoming features do.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Path Reader: No files found in folder '\\\\txalpacdfile10\\REPORTING_C\\SECTION_2' using glob pattern '**/SiteList_Inactive.csv' with glob filter 'ANY'. No features will be read"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>