Question

Spatial data Transfer for lines

• 16 March 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

SpatialJoinHello Friends,

I'm new to FME.

I have two shp (Line) files. one with old data and another one with new attribute field data. in the new file its falling on exactly on the top of old lines, but some places its little shifted approx. less than one meter.

I would like to transfer All attribute data to the old file from new one, and copy new lines where ever old data is not their.

Not sure which are the transformers to use for this string.

Hope someone can help

Regards,

Ps. Old data is in black color and new data in orange color

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Have a look at the FeatureMerger. This transformer will work if you have a common attribute value between the old and the new, where it will be used in the 'Join On' parameter. Old features would be the Requestor, new features would be the Supplier. Out of the Merged port would your old features with the new attribution (granted you will need to specify Attribute Accumulation in the parameters). Out of the Unused Supplier port would be new features where old data was not present.

If you do not have a common attribute, you will need to do some kind of spatial comparison. This method will be less reliable, but you would use transformers like the NeighborFinder or SpatialRelator.