Question

Can GIS layers be setup via a relate in a workbench similar to how it is done in ArcMap

• 16 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Can GIS layers be setup via a relate in a workbench similar to how it is done in ArcMap

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi mapcafe,

It's not very clear what you are trying to do:

1. Do you want a relationship class in an Enterprise/File Geodatabase?
  2. Do you want to join these two datasets together in FME and write them to a new feature class?

If the answer is number 1 then the answer is yes but I think you do need the python caller and a custom script though maybe other people know how to do this without the python caller. If the answer is number 2 then you use the Feature Merger or Feature Joiner transformers in your workbench.

Hi mapcafe,

It's not very clear what you are trying to do:

1. Do you want a relationship class in an Enterprise/File Geodatabase?
  2. Do you want to join these two datasets together in FME and write them to a new feature class?

If the answer is number 1 then the answer is yes but I think you do need the python caller and a custom script though maybe other people know how to do this without the python caller. If the answer is number 2 then you use the Feature Merger or Feature Joiner transformers in your workbench.

I need to query a ArcSDE ​layer and a related layer and extract results to a shapefile.

Will python caller​ do that?