Question

Is this possible to convert a script into some kind of exe with user parameters and postgis connections ?

• 15 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello !

I got a script wich is working under FME Desktop but I'd like to make it an executable.

I know that this is possible but as soon as I have to set some user parameters manually when the script is executed, is it still possible ?

Moreover, the script uses two different postgis DB (One for reading AND writing, the other only for reading, don't know if this information is useful tho)

If you have any information on deploying a batch/exe that prompts for user inputs and keeps DB logins please let me know 🙂

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

An fme rookie

1 reply

Badge +2

I'm not entirely sure if this can be done as an .exe file but you can do it as a .bat file: https://community.safe.com/s/article/batch-processing-method-1-command-line-or-batch-fi

When you run the workspace in FME Workbench, the top few lines of the translation log should tell you all of the arguments you need to set the published parameters but the linked article explains this in more detail.