Question

Replace data in a geodatabase

• 8 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have an SDE geodatabase. I need to load a shapefile and replace all of the data in a layer with the new data coming in. For example there is a roads layer in the geodatabase and once a month I get a new roads layer. I'm looking to just replace the entire layer and add the new data that I have received in a shapefile format. Is there an easy way to do this?

4 replies

Badge +16

Since you are replacing the data each time, you might look into setting the SDE writer to "truncate existing" which will remove all existing data and load the new data into that feature class.

Badge +9

I agree with @Chris Warren​ set the writer to truncate existing. This will keep the table structure as is, remove the existing data and then insert your new data into the table....

Badge +9

I agree with @Chris Warren​ set the writer to truncate existing. This will keep the table structure as is, remove the existing data and then insert your new data into the table....

If you click on the cog within the writer you will see the properties. The truncate existing can be found in the General / Table Handling section

featuretype

Badge +2

Thank you that worked!