Solved

Reccomended approach to create points from XY coords a variety of projections

• 6 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a set of tabluar data with attributes (X, Y, EPSG). Where the ESPG can be any valid coordinate system. My goal is to create a set of points in a common coordinate system.

I understand I could use a TestFilter for each EPSG I'm expecting then create points, but the workbench will fail if the data contains an EPSG code I didn't expect.

What is the best approach to create points in a single coordinate system without hard-coding the workbench for a set of expected coordinate systems?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by takashi 6 March 2022, 09:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @miczat​ , you can convert EPSG code (integer number) to an appropriate FME coordinate system identifier with the CoordinateSystemDescriptionConverter transformer.

coordinatesystemdescriptionconverter-parametersYou can then set the resulting attribute (called "_newcoordsys" by default) to the Source Coordinate System parameter in subsequent CsmapReprojector.

Note the transformer will set an empty string to "_newcoordsys" if the input EPSG code is not supported by FME.

Badge +1

Thanks Takashi,  CoordinateSystemDescriptionConverter transformer supplied FME CRS for each EPSG code as _newcooordsys:

imageThen I used that in Reprojector to write out points in a single CRS

image.png