Solved

Why is there no FME desktop 2021 training available online?

Badge +13
  • Contributor
  • 58 replies

Hello everyone,

I am probably posting in the wrong forum section. If that is the case, I am sorry for that.

I was wondering one thing. Normally, there is a FME Desktop training available for every year on the following link: https://www.safe.com/training/recorded/. But for some reason there is no FME desktop 2021 available on this link. Is this only for 2021 the case or does it mean that FME desktop trainings will not be made available anymore online from now on?

icon

Best answer by samatsafe 4 March 2022, 17:53

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi Joy,

Thanks for your question - you are in the right place! Sorry that it is currently difficult to find 2021 training - we are working on redesigning that webpage to make it easier.

Here are some good options for FME Desktop 2021 training:

The first half of the Integrate Data with the FME Platform is focused on FME Desktop. It's our recommended introductory training for the FME platform. You can view the video here, or view the instructions and videos together on the FME Academy (sign up here, then access the content here).

We are offering the longer FME Desktop Basic course as a free live 5-day training course later this month. We will be recording that and posting the recordings in April. You can take that content self-serve in the FME Academy as well.

If you want an even faster and high-level introduction to FME, we are offering one 90-minute FME Accelerator per month.

I hope that helps - please let me know if you have any other questions.

Badge +13

@samatsafe​ Thank you very much for answering my question. This helped me tremendously. I only had one question left.

Does it mean the set up for the FME desktop training will be different from the previous years? Since FME desktop 2021 is embedded in the "Integrate Data with the FME " course, does it mean that the names of these trainings will be named differently from now on? So no more "FME Desktop 2020 Basic Training"like that?

Badge

@samatsafe​ Thank you very much for answering my question. This helped me tremendously. I only had one question left.

Does it mean the set up for the FME desktop training will be different from the previous years? Since FME desktop 2021 is embedded in the "Integrate Data with the FME " course, does it mean that the names of these trainings will be named differently from now on? So no more "FME Desktop 2020 Basic Training"like that?

Hi @joy​, I'm glad that helped!

To clarify the course names:

• From 2018 to 2020 we delivered a course named "Introduction to FME Desktop." That was a short (4-hour) intro just to Desktop. We now deliver a similar course called "Integrate Data with the FME Platform" that has 4 hours on Desktop and 4 hours on Server. We no longer deliver "Introduction to FME Desktop." We offer that course live about once a quarter (we'll be posting next quarter's live courses in the next few weeks) and have it on the FME Academy.
  • We just recently migrated enough of our training content to the FME Academy that we will now offer the "FME Desktop Basic" course again, which we have not been able to offer since 2020. This is a longer introduction to FME Desktop, designed to give you a thorough training on the software. When we offer it live it is 10-15 hours or about 9 self-serve. You can sign up for that live course or take the trail on the FME Academy.
  • Both of these are great introductory options; it really just depends on how much time you want to spend. If you take Integrate now, you can always take Basic later and still benefit from the added detail.

I hope that clarifies things. Please let me know if you have more questions.