Question

How to call an ArcMap tool that has yet to be released in ArcPro via arcpy from FME2021.2?

• 3 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I am currently upgrading from FME2019/ArcMap 10.8 to FME 2021.2/ArcPro 2.9. In our ArcMap workflow we use the tool VPF-to-Geodatabase via arcpy scripting:

arcpy.production.VpfToGeodatabase(in_vpf_features, in_target_geodatabase, in_product, {import_notes})

Being that the tool is not yet developed for ArcPro 2.9, is there a way to force FME to recognize this is an ArcMap tool? I still have both versions of ArcMap and ArcPro installed. I've also tried the option under Translation > ESRI ArcGIS Compatibility set to "Esri ArcMap", with no luck. When changing this, it forces the Python Compatibility from 3.7 to 2.7.

1 reply

Badge +8

Hi @dustin​ 

In order you to use the tool, you will have to have ArcGIS Desktop installed and licensed.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to invoke this tool. Do you have both ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro installed on the machine? If yes, then only setting the PythonCompatibility and ArcGIS Compatability would work and pick the correct variant of Esri Desktop.