Question

How do convert a NetCDF-file to pointdata?

• 2 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, fellow FME-ers!

I have a NetCDF-file I have exported from ArcGIS Pro that I have attached (zipped). It was exported using the settings in the png-file in the same zip-file. I want to export every grid point in the file as a 3D-point with the Prediction as an attribute. Can anyone help me? I saw other threads about this but still couldn't figure out how to do it...

Kind regards,

Peter

3 replies

Badge +2

@peteralstorp​ Try RasterCellCoercer. You might have to use RasterSelector to select the band you want to work with

Userlevel 4

@peteralstorp​ Try RasterCellCoercer. You might have to use RasterSelector to select the band you want to work with

I'll just add that sometimes I find it's easier to use the RasterBandSeparator as it makes it easier to visualize which band you're working with.

Also, depending on the NetCDF convention used, you may have to disregard the first two bands as they sometimes contains the lat/long (or similar) grid, and not the actual measurements.

If the rasters are very big or if they have a lot of bands (long time series), you may sometimes get better performance by using the PointCloudCoercer rather than the RasterCellCoercer.

Badge

@Mark Stoakes​ @david_r​ Thank you, gentlemen, for your input!