Question

When trying to read a file and write it newly in a particular path, i am facing the below error:- "Geodatabase Error (-2147467259): General function failure. Could not open File Geodatabase table "/*tablename*/""

• 28 February 2022
  • 5 replies

However, if an old verison of file is already present in the path, then it is able to rewrite the file. But i want each time it creates a new file. Kindly suggest

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @anshuhk15​ , thanks for posting! Would you be able to shed light on any of the following topics:

1. What version of FME are you using currently?
  2. Are you reading from a FGDB?
  3. What format Writer are you using?

It may be helpful to provide a copy of your logfile as well, seeing as how the error message is pretty generic. The goal is to create/write a new FGDB? Best, Kailin.

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , than you for your quick response. Below are the details that you requested for.

What version of FME are you using currently? ---- FME Desktop 2012 

Are you reading from a FGDB? --------- Yes, using Esri File Geodatabase

What format Writer are you using?------ Multi Writer

The goal is to create/write a new FGDB?---- Create a new FGDB

I have attached the snippet of the log file. Kindly suggest.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , than you for your quick response. Below are the details that you requested for.

What version of FME are you using currently? ---- FME Desktop 2012 

Are you reading from a FGDB? --------- Yes, using Esri File Geodatabase

What format Writer are you using?------ Multi Writer

The goal is to create/write a new FGDB?---- Create a new FGDB

I have attached the snippet of the log file. Kindly suggest.

Hello @anshuhk15​ , I tried to dig into the error message you were getting. There are a number of potential resolutions outlined in this comment thread, not one common solution - reserved word on an attribute, invalid character on an attribute, possible coordinate system issue or even having the File Geodatabase open in another program. It may be helpful to have a look at the suggestions, and if you find one of these methods works for you, please share!

It's still a bit odd that it will work when an old version of the file is already present in the path though.

In the meantime, would you be able to share a screenshot of your workspace and a shot of your writer parameters? Also, have you tried writing with a GEODATABASE_FILE Writer? opposed to the Open API Writer? (or vice versa)? Best, Kailin.

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , we found that GEODATABASE_FILE Writer , we cannot use as it seems to be not supported in our FME version 2012. As for the other cases, none of our table names and field names conflict with the reserved words. We have attached the FME workspace and FME Writer attributes for your reference.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @kailinatsafe​ , we found that GEODATABASE_FILE Writer , we cannot use as it seems to be not supported in our FME version 2012. As for the other cases, none of our table names and field names conflict with the reserved words. We have attached the FME workspace and FME Writer attributes for your reference.

Hello again @anshuhk15​ , oh FME 2012 is quite old now. Is there any chance you try to upgrade your FME Workbench to a newer version? Wondering if you're hitting an issue thats been resolved in newer versions. You can find newer builds on our Downloads Page. Best, Kailin.