Question

How to add external data to a Server App ?

• 25 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello,

When I open my app with the URL, I want to integrate external data (like local files) and run the processing but when I run it, an error message is displayed.

Thanks in advance

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lachichi_farah​ , do you mean that the workspace need to use data read from a specific file saved somewhere in the FME Server?

Badge

Hi @lachichi_farah​ , do you mean that the workspace need to use data read from a specific file saved somewhere in the FME Server?

Yes, the data I integrated when I created the processing on FME workbench. I can't integrate any other data.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Yes, the data I integrated when I created the processing on FME workbench. I can't integrate any other data.

A possible way is to upload the file (e.g. "resource.csv") into a subfolder (e.g. "my_folder") under the Resources/Data of the FME Server. You can then access the file from a workspace with this file path string.

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA)my_folder/resource.csv

Here, FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA is one of pre-defined FME Server Parameters, which will be interpreted path to the Resources/Data folder with FME Server, an empty string with FME Desktop.

Badge

Thanks for helping but I want to put external data when I open the app with the Url without put my file in FME Server before. But even by this way it doesn't work. When I run the processing it displays: "There was nothing to download as the workspace didn't generate any output."

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Sorry, I'm unclear the requirements. Are you looking for a way to upload a file to FME Server through the app interface?

Badge

Yes !

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Create a workspace having a published user parameter (file type), and add:

Creator: Kick off the translation.

ParameterFetcher: Assign the parameter value (uploaded file path) to an attribute named "filecopy_source_dataset".

File Copy Write: Move the uploaded file to your desired location.

You can then run the workspace above as a Server App to upload a file to the server.