Question

Polygon in Raster

• 24 February 2022
  • 4 replies

imageHallo, i need something like this in FME / FME server. to be able to automate it. Currently I use ArcGis Desktop like the picture. Which FME component is the right one.

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi guido.simon,

How about you describe what you are trying to do instead of posting a screenshot of a tool which might or might not be from ArcMap. I tried searching for this tool in ArcMap and I can't find it, maybe because it is custom or maybe because it's had it's name changed in the newer ArcMap releases. Also by just referencing a tool you are narrowing the pool of people who can help answer your question to those who have ArcMap, who have used this specific tool and also have FME knowledge.

Hallo Birgit aus Holland,

i have ArcGis but i can not get an automate. so i want to do it with FME. raster is much faster in a webgis than vector data.

This is the vector layer:

imageand after get the raster:

imagethe ratser i need to show germany and the polygon fore city.

Badge +9

Hallo Birgit aus Holland,

i have ArcGis but i can not get an automate. so i want to do it with FME. raster is much faster in a webgis than vector data.

This is the vector layer:

imageand after get the raster:

imagethe ratser i need to show germany and the polygon fore city.

Hi guido.simon,

Now I understand what you want. You need to use the the ImageRasterizer transformer. I have made a short example for you. Please note that my data is in the Dutch coordinate system! One of the major things is that you need to check when attempting this is whether your input vector data has the correct color when it is loaded into FME if it doesn't you need to use the FeatureColorSetter transformer. I hope this info will help you figure it out.

thank you birgit, that´s what i have found yesterday but i figured tjer is only one tool to make it. The color is a part of the verctor datatset and one attribut. this attribute will taken to the center of the raster, overlying the verctor. Now i want to try it. Have a nice carnival if you have scissors and cut ties.😅 In germany called Weiberfastnacht.