Question

about .e57 writer

• 23 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a file in format of .e57, it contains point cloud and raster.I plan to firstly reduce the number of points and export again as e57 that also contians raster and point clouds.

After processing the point cloud data is there 2 options in transform Writer: Raster, Point cloud.

Which one should i choose? Or can i just export the raster and point cloud separately(like the picture below), and then open these 2 data file in FME Inspector at the same time and save as format .e57?

image​Thanks in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @bin103​ , thanks for posting here. Looks good, you've selected the PointCloud option as your writer feature type for your point clouse dataset, and the raster for your raster dataset. Once you've added your Writer and selected a destination for your output, you'll just need to Run the workspace. Once the translation has completed you can use Visual Preview or Data Inspector to examine the results.

However, may I ask what you're using the PointCloudCombiner to do? Typically this is used to combine features into a single point cloud, but it looks like there is only 1 input feature in your workspace so far. I think you may be alright to remove it actually. Here to help, Kailin Opaleychuk.