Question

sum up the populations for an areia from household count from points

• 23 February 2022
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Hi

I have two datasets, one water distribution area in polygons, and a point layer with the count of people inside each household per adress.

i want to count up the sum of people in total for an each area.

The count of people is in the point layer. i have tried the pointoverareaoverlayer but i only get the count of points inside an area, not the count from people inside the area

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

If you build a list containing the population attribute in the PointOnAreaOverlayer (tick Generate List On Output 'Area'), you can then use a ListSummer to sum all those values

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Sum_Occupants

Sum_Occupants

Thanks for the answer i still struggle to make it run propperly.

do i have to cross of for group by mode?

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

There is no attribute on the Points features you might use to group by.

So in this case there is no need for Group Processing.

Badge +2

@elarse4​ If it's a bigger dataset, then creating the list might get a bit unmanageable. In this case use the PointOnAreaOverlayer as @geomancer​ suggests, but don't generate the list. Just transfer the polygon ID to each point. Then use the StatisticsCalculator on the points, with Group By : Polygon ID to sum up your population count

Hi figured it out i enden up using spatial relation so the polygon ID got transfered to the points and then i used the statistics calculator as mentioned in the post under.

after that i used a feature manager so write the groups to the polygons again so i could export it to a shape file.

thanks for the answers

@elarse4​ If it's a bigger dataset, then creating the list might get a bit unmanageable. In this case use the PointOnAreaOverlayer as @geomancer​ suggests, but don't generate the list. Just transfer the polygon ID to each point. Then use the StatisticsCalculator on the points, with Group By : Polygon ID to sum up your population count

this is what i ended up doing.

thanks for the answer