Solved

How could i extract the coordinates of lines from Adobe Geospatial PDF ( whats is point of start and end point ) and also the length

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +13

i have adobe geospatial pdf and it has lots of points that connects together with different lines ,i would like to extract the lines coordinates and also the length and extract also line number for each line .

FME 2020.2

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 22 February 2022, 12:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can use the CoordinateExtractor to get coordinates from a line and store them in attributes. Use two of them, with the mode set to Specify Coordinate and the indexes to 0 (first coordinate) and -1 (last coordinate).

Calculating the length of a line can be done with the LengthCalculator.

I don't think GeoPDF maintains an internal line id, but you can use a Counter to create your own.

Badge +13

You can use the CoordinateExtractor to get coordinates from a line and store them in attributes. Use two of them, with the mode set to Specify Coordinate and the indexes to 0 (first coordinate) and -1 (last coordinate).

Calculating the length of a line can be done with the LengthCalculator.

I don't think GeoPDF maintains an internal line id, but you can use a Counter to create your own.

Thanks for reply but after i read adobe geospatial pdf , there is a point that has id close to each line

i would like to extract the id number for each line . Could u give me an idea ,how to extract it ?

id_lineid_line2

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thanks for reply but after i read adobe geospatial pdf , there is a point that has id close to each line

i would like to extract the id number for each line . Could u give me an idea ,how to extract it ?

id_lineid_line2

You can try the NeighborFinder, with the caveat that the closest point to a line may not be the correct one.