Solved

Convert JP2 to ECW and create TAB file as well.

• 20 February 2022
  • 4 replies

I use to run the conversion process of GeoTiff to ECW with compression of 90 and generate TAB file using FME2020, i never experienced any issue.

I recently upgraded FME to 2021.2, I have to convert JP2 to ECW with compression of 90 and want TAB file as well.

I ran the process multiple time, but I don't get TAB file generated in output folder.

Even I found new attribute in this FME version, where it asks to select ECW Format version (2 or 3), which one to select..?

icon

Best answer by rapidmapper 23 February 2022, 02:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Do you have the paramter "Tab File Generation" set on the ECW writer feature type?

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 09.58.19As for the version, generally speaking it would be best to pick the latest version unless you have a very good reason not to do so (such as the application you want to use the ECW in not supporting that new version). So it's really up to you.

Do you have the paramter "Tab File Generation" set on the ECW writer feature type?

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 09.58.19As for the version, generally speaking it would be best to pick the latest version unless you have a very good reason not to do so (such as the application you want to use the ECW in not supporting that new version). So it's really up to you.

Hello, Thank you for your response. I have writer settings pretty much same as in your screenshot..

ECW-writer-settingsecw-writer-settings2

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello, Thank you for your response. I have writer settings pretty much same as in your screenshot..

Does the JP2 file that you're reading have a coordinate system set?

I got it what was the issue, I was using Trial version which has a limitation to transform ECW and generate TAB file.

Once I tried same process on my licensed FME machine,it works..

Not documented anywhere, lesson learnt hard way.