Question

We use a bench router software called EnRoute, which produces a human readable file with a .nc extension. Does FME provide a translation for this particular format?

• 18 February 2022
  • 3 replies

FME is aware of the file extension .nc, but appears to be unrelated to the file type I am using. Please see attached file sample (note the original file name is louves.NC)

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

What are you wanting to achieve? as its a structured text file with XY coordinates (along with various other parameters) you could build a process to plot out the path

What are you wanting to achieve? as its a structured text file with XY coordinates (along with various other parameters) you could build a process to plot out the path

The EnRoute software imports DXF files and exports .NC files. I was hoping to be able to use FME to convert an externally supplied .NC file to a DXF for editing purposes. Thanks, B
Userlevel 5
Badge +29
The EnRoute software imports DXF files and exports .NC files. I was hoping to be able to use FME to convert an externally supplied .NC file to a DXF for editing purposes. Thanks, B

You'll be able to extract the xyz coords from each line and build something form it, i'm not sure what some of the i/j/g values represent.

Not knowing much about cnc/machining/bench routers, i'd hazard a guess that this is the path the cutter follows to cut the object out of material. This could well be completely different to what the final product looks like (multiple cuts on faces, cutting past bounds of object etc)