Question

How to adjust BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta to create only wall and take roof and ground from input

• 17 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I will create Walls with the transformer BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta. As input I have roof surface and ground surface. The transformer should take ground surface and roof surface and should create wall surface (orthogonal projection). If the roof does not 100% match the ground polygon, the roof should be adjusted. At the moment the transformer creates new walls and in addition new ground. Thats great but nevertheless I will take my own roof and ground surface. Is this possible? Or is there another transformer which I can use?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @limo​,

Please try setting the Planar Surface Elevation to an elevation midway between the roof and the floor. This will give two Side outputs: one above the midway line and one below. You can use a MeshMerger transformer to join the two Sides into one.

Badge +7

But if I set the planar surface elevation to an elevation midway it will create the ground surface (Bottom) based on this planar elevation height right?

In a step before I calculated the minz of the ground surface by using LAS -> Surface Drapper -> Bounds Extractor. I will use this -minz value as planar surface elevation. In addition I will use roof shape and ground shape as input and the transformer should produce only wall surface. Roof Surface and Ground Surface should be taken from input

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

But if I set the planar surface elevation to an elevation midway it will create the ground surface (Bottom) based on this planar elevation height right?

In a step before I calculated the minz of the ground surface by using LAS -> Surface Drapper -> Bounds Extractor. I will use this -minz value as planar surface elevation. In addition I will use roof shape and ground shape as input and the transformer should produce only wall surface. Roof Surface and Ground Surface should be taken from input

Hi @limo​,

The BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta has three outputs: Top, Bottom and Side. If you just take the Side output, you will not get the created Ground surfaces.

If you supply the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta with both your existing Ground and Roof surfaces, with Surface elevation set between the ground and roof elevations, the transformer will generate sides going down from the roof and up from the ground, meeting at the midpoint. If you only take the Side output, then merge those meshes together in a MeshMerger (grouping by building id), you will have sides that join nicely to both the roof and ground.

Badge +7

Hi @limo​,

The BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta has three outputs: Top, Bottom and Side. If you just take the Side output, you will not get the created Ground surfaces.

If you supply the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta with both your existing Ground and Roof surfaces, with Surface elevation set between the ground and roof elevations, the transformer will generate sides going down from the roof and up from the ground, meeting at the midpoint. If you only take the Side output, then merge those meshes together in a MeshMerger (grouping by building id), you will have sides that join nicely to both the roof and ground.

Hi @daveatsafe​ ,

I have tried your proposal. But it is not really working for me. So as input I have ground and roof surface for the BRepSolidBoundaryCreator.Beta which should not be modified. I only need the walls between these two input features.

• created walls with input feature roof:

• created walls with input feature ground:

As Result (MeshMerger) I have this:

I do not want to have a cut in the middle of the building.

I need something like either roof overhangs or roof area should be adjusted to ground area that so that walls are created cleanly! Important is that the ground area should not be modified.