Solved

Is anyone else experiencing a fatal error occur when feature caching is enabled after "Saving spatial index into file"?

• 16 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have noticed this crop up in a few different workbenches since upgrading to a new patched version of data interop 2021.1.2.0 (20210903 - Build 21627 - WIN64). The only solution so far is to run/cache the workbench in sections. Have tried re-installing. Plenty of storage available in the temp directory.

The fatal error occurs after saving the cache to the temp directory (but not every time):

"Saving spatial index into file..."

"Finished saving spatial index into file..."

"2022-02-15 20:43:31| 56.5| 0.1|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details"

It should say "Stored ### features(s) to FME feature store file...." instead of the error message.

Anyone else encountering this?

icon

Best answer by spatialexjames 4 April 2022, 11:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @James Singleton​ sorry to hear you're running into these issues! I have a few questions for you to get a better understanding of why this is happening and to reproduce the issue myself:

• Which formats at you reading from and writing to in your workspace?
  • When you mention a patched version, was this an official update to Data Interop itself (i.e. upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.9) or was it patched via supplementary files that we provided you?
  • Are you able to provide a full copy of the log file? You can upload your data to our Safe Software Support FTP if you want to keep that information private.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Hi @James Singleton​ sorry to hear you're running into these issues! I have a few questions for you to get a better understanding of why this is happening and to reproduce the issue myself:

• When you mention a patched version, was this an official update to Data Interop itself (i.e. upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.9) or was it patched via supplementary files that we provided you?
  • Are you able to provide a full copy of the log file? You can upload your data to our Safe Software Support FTP if you want to keep that information private.

Thanks!

Hi @danminneyatsaf​,

The error has just appeared again so I've uploaded the workspace and log via ftp to folder "0D54Q00009JFHZPSA5" (this page's URL ID). I have included the .gdb file it reads from so you should be able to run it when changing the FeatureReader path (lots of joins in the workspace won't work without authentication but that shouldn't matter). It is intermittent so might be hard to reproduce, but as I mentioned I've seen it come up in different FME workspaces, and it appear just now when trying a partial cached run. It's reading from a geodatabase and ultimately writing to AGOL (but when it fails it never gets that far).

It's the official update to Data Interop as upgraded via ArcGIS Pro 2.9.

Thanks!

Badge +2

Thanks!

Ended up rolling back the version to ArcGIS 2.8 (FME 2021.0) which has fixed the issue and improved run-time performance in other areas. The issue is 100% caused by the latest update.