Question

How to write IfcReinforcingBar in FME?

• 16 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to write ifc file with IfcReinforcingBar but FME can't write all the reinforcingbars.

imageimageDoes anyone know to work with IfcReinforcingBar in FME?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @andi​ thanks for reaching. Unfortunately, this is a known issue (FMEENGINE-72420 for your reference) with FME where it fails to write IfcSweptDiskSolids geometries. We will update you here if a fix is released in a future version of FME.

Hi @andi​ thanks for reaching. Unfortunately, this is a known issue (FMEENGINE-72420 for your reference) with FME where it fails to write IfcSweptDiskSolids geometries. We will update you here if a fix is released in a future version of FME.

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ thanks for answering :)

I hope that the problem will be fixed soon because I work a lot with ifc in FME, and IfcReinforcingBar is an important part of the IFC models.

Badge +11

Hi @andi​,

I'm happy to report that the issue Dan mentioned above has been resolved for the FME 2022.1 beta, and can be downloaded here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

Please note that as it's still in beta, there's a few things on our development team's radar that are still being investigated at the moment: including a potentially slower read time, where we recommend turning off feature caching, and a larger file size output. If you run into either of these please let us know and we can add your use case to the internal tickets to inform our product development team.

Let us know as well if you have any other feedback on the new functionality (: