Solved

FME python settings

• 14 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to do transformation using Snakegrid projector to OSGB.

I have appropriate Snakegrid license as per FME desktop registration key. However, looks like I am facing issue with python compatibility.

I tried some workarounds as below:

1.     Installation of FME desktop & Snakegrid projector with the help of expertise in the team

2.     Installing FME desktop version (2021.2.1) with customizing python option

3.     Setting up python interpreter in Translation (tried using all options given in drop down), But when I try to add Snakegrid projector it used popup with python incompatibility and changed to python 2.7

Error snapshot as below:

python errorPlease can anyone help me with this issue?

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 17 February 2022, 03:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @anitadethe​ 

From the screenshot you shared, it appears you are trying to use ArcGIS Desktop libraries. Note that ArcGIS Desktop uses Python 2.7--however, line 70 indicates Python 3.8 is loaded.

In order to use Python 2.7 ArcPy in FME, you must set the Python Compatibility option to Esri ArcGIS Python 2.7. This parameter is found in the Navigator pane under Workspace Parameters > Scripting > Python Compatibility. Setting this parameter will automatically add the required ArcGIS directories to PATH and you do not need to define PYTHONPATH or PYTHONHOME.

If you are using 64-bit FME, you also have 64-bit Background Geoprocessing for the ArcGIS Desktop version installed (10.6 in you case). Otherwise, you will need to use 32-bit FME.

Badge

Hi @anitadethe​ 

From the screenshot you shared, it appears you are trying to use ArcGIS Desktop libraries. Note that ArcGIS Desktop uses Python 2.7--however, line 70 indicates Python 3.8 is loaded.

In order to use Python 2.7 ArcPy in FME, you must set the Python Compatibility option to Esri ArcGIS Python 2.7. This parameter is found in the Navigator pane under Workspace Parameters > Scripting > Python Compatibility. Setting this parameter will automatically add the required ArcGIS directories to PATH and you do not need to define PYTHONPATH or PYTHONHOME.

If you are using 64-bit FME, you also have 64-bit Background Geoprocessing for the ArcGIS Desktop version installed (10.6 in you case). Otherwise, you will need to use 32-bit FME.

Hi @debbiatsafe​ 

Yes, I was having 32 bit background geoprocessing for ArcGIS desktop version.

I installed 64 bit version and now it worked well :)

Thanks for the solution!