Question

Creating a HTML report that updates as the workbench completes.

• 10 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am running a workbench using the workspace runner. This workbench runs 12 times with a different area running through it each time. It takes roughly 3 days to complete all stages.

I want to create a HTML report so I can get a simple percentage complete of this process. I have created a process whereby the sum of features passed through is counted in the statisticscalculator and this is then used to derive what percentage complete I am. However, due to the fact that I am using the runner and each area runs through on it's own. The statisticscalculator calculates that only 1 has through each time. Therefore I always get an update saying I am only 8% (1/12) complete, even though I may be farther.

Would there be another way of achieving this? Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help.

B

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Perhaps, but it kinda depends on how your workspace is set up and how many features you are processing. You could use a Sampler and FeatureWriter to split off one in every x features and then have the FeatureWriter write that out to an HTML file, overwriting the previous one.

Badge +3

Perhaps, but it kinda depends on how your workspace is set up and how many features you are processing. You could use a Sampler and FeatureWriter to split off one in every x features and then have the FeatureWriter write that out to an HTML file, overwriting the previous one.

Thanks,

The number of features would vary greatly for each of the 12 instances. Also, the HTMLReportGenerator seems to hold the features so I can only get a final percentage rather than an update throughout the workbench?

Badge +3

Do you know if there is a way I can get a feature to run first due to an attribute. For example, could I get the first feature to run through be attribute value 1, second is 2 and so on?

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you share a screenshot of your workspace and some background information?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Do you know if there is a way I can get a feature to run first due to an attribute. For example, could I get the first feature to run through be attribute value 1, second is 2 and so on?

Thanks

Yes, you could use a Sorter transformer to do that.