Question

RasterResampler output differs from the requested input cell size

• 8 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to understand why, when using the FME RasterResampler (cell spacing) for multiple datasets at various resolutions, the output is variable resolutions rather than just the cell spacing I have defined (10m).

For example one dataset with a native 2m resolution does not get resampled to 10m when I use the RasterResampler setting cell spacings to 10m, but instead is is resampled to 14.3561626759533. All datasets are resampled slightly differently and only a few to the requested 10m.

What I want is the resample output to be the same as resampling in arcmap, would I need to use a python caller to do that?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @tiger​,

This is definitely not the expected behavior of the RasterResampler. Would you be able to share a copy of your workspace with us?

That is good to know daveatsafe, I can't share the workspace publically unfortunately, but I have since discovered that the issue is not with the RasterResampler, but instead lies with the Reprojector which follows the Resampler recalculating the cell size.