Solved

How to properly set up the FeatureWriter to dynamic and avoid exporting feature with empty or '<missing>' attributes?

• 7 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a workbench that generates features with about 20 attributes.

Not every run will have the same source and so not every run will fill the 20 attributes in the feature writer.

I have used the NullAttributeMapper just before the FeatureWriter to map null and empty attributes to missing, but it still outputs all the <missing> attributes. I have tried both Automatic and Dynamic, but same result.

What's the best way to only output the attributes that aren't all 'missing'?

featurewriter 

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 8 February 2022, 19:53

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

@ts_84​ In FME 2021.2 or FME 2022 betas we've introduced SchemaScanner. This has an option to ignore <missing> attributes when it generates the schema feature. You can then use the schema feature in your dynamic writer

Badge

@ts_84​ In FME 2021.2 or FME 2022 betas we've introduced SchemaScanner. This has an option to ignore <missing> attributes when it generates the schema feature. You can then use the schema feature in your dynamic writer

Thank you, that sounds perfect. How do you set up the <missing> parameter in SchemaScanner?

I can't find the Schema Feature in the dynamic writer, is it through Schema definition name?

missing f-writer 

Badge +2

@ts_84​ Have a look at the SchemaScanner demos we recorded here

Badge

@ts_84​ Have a look at the SchemaScanner demos we recorded here

The SchemaScanner is perfect thank you. It works really well with Shapefiles.

I tried with Geopackage and it's not handling it quite well for some reason. Without the SchemaScanner it's ok.

Problem with fme_feature_type. I think it's missing proper id or something like that to build the Geopackage.