Question

I am working on a integration Workbench between 2 softwares using their REST API. One of the REST API request JSON body as arguments to use some GET methods. HTTPCaller seams not to allow to use body with GET. Any idea ? Thank you. Mathieu.

• 4 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
I am working on a integration Workbench between 2 softwares using their REST API. One of the REST API request JSON body as arguments to use some GET methods. HTTPCaller seams not to allow to use body with GET. Any idea ? Thank you. Mathieu.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mlupien​,

In the Request section of the HTTPCaller parameters, please click on the triangle beside Query String Parameters to expand the box. You can then add the parameter name and value for the GET request. The value can be set to the JSON you want to submit, or to a feature attribute containing the JSON.

Badge +2

Thank you @daveatsafe, The API is waiting for a Body into the GET...

I can use the Body into the POST, but not in the GET.

Using the Query String Parameters, what should I use as a parameter name ? I Tried "Body" but it does not work.

Thank you again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thank you @daveatsafe, The API is waiting for a Body into the GET...

I can use the Body into the POST, but not in the GET.

Using the Query String Parameters, what should I use as a parameter name ? I Tried "Body" but it does not work.

Thank you again.

Hi @mlupien​,

I'm not sure - Can you share the location to the API documentation?

Badge +2

Hi @mlupien​,

I'm not sure - Can you share the location to the API documentation?

Hi @daveatsafe​ ,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the API documentation is pretty poor. I joined it anyways.

By the way, I had found a workaround. Because there is not a lot of data, I didn't use a body in the GET (body is essentially used to filter the returned results). So, with no body in the request, I get all the data records.

I then use FME to filter the results.

So, I am curious if there is a way to use a body into a Get but it is not a big deal now that I had found a solution.

Thanks again.

:)