Question

PDF/A format

• 4 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi, can FME write PDF/a format files? I don't see any options in the Geospatial PDF writer.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @arnovananrooij​ 

Please, could you share a file for test?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge +4

Hi @arnovananrooij​ 

Please, could you share a file for test?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

@danilo_fme​ I don't want to read it, but I need to write it. The archiving system in our organisation only accepts pdf/a compliant pdf's. More information is available on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/A. You could use https://demo.verapdf.org/ for validation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Unfortunately, this format isn't supported right now, and there are no plans for the immediate future. If you have a good use case for us (i.e. a reason why we should implement it) then you can let us know via either your sales contact at Safe or our support team (safe.com/support). The reference number for the issue is FMEENGINE-36959

I hope this helps and I'm sorry I couldn't provide a definite solution for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Unfortunately, this format isn't supported right now, and there are no plans for the immediate future. If you have a good use case for us (i.e. a reason why we should implement it) then you can let us know via either your sales contact at Safe or our support team (safe.com/support). The reference number for the issue is FMEENGINE-36959

Thanks @mark2atsafe​ 

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If there's Adobe Acrobat / Distiller (not Acrobat Reader) installed on the same machine presumably it can be run from the command line to post-process the PDFs? I'm trying to find the relevant documentation for that.

Badge +4

Thank you for your answer Mark. Does anyone have experience with python libraries which can convert Geospatial PDF to PDF/A without loosing information in the map? We don't use attributes. It's just the map (A0) which had to be readable.