Question

I have a workspace that reads in an xlsx file and then writes an xlsx file. It works fine when I run it in FME Desktop, but when I run it on FME Server, I am getting a permissions error. The correct path is mapped as a linked resource in FME Server.

• 4 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

The file is not in use elsewhere, and is not password protected. Which user is supposed to be set up with write permissions to the file from FME Server?

FME Server Error message: "Excel Writer: Failed to save changes to the spreadsheet '\\\\data01\\pathname\\TermUtility\\LOCID_Output.xlsx'. Check that you have write permission to the file, it has no password protection and is not opened by another application. Error message is 'Permission denied.'"

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @dubosedfme​ ,

I know in our setup, FME Server has it's own AD account in our organization and this needs to be set up to have the correct permissions to read and write to folder locations. Could this be what is happening in your case?

Badge +1

Hi @dubosedfme​ ,

I know in our setup, FME Server has it's own AD account in our organization and this needs to be set up to have the correct permissions to read and write to folder locations. Could this be what is happening in your case?

I will ask about that. Thank you so much! :)