Solved

Line Builder not working correctly?

• 1 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a non-spatial SQL dataset containing a unique identifier along with 2 sets of coordinates (start x and y, end x and y). I am using 2 vertex creators to spatially enable the data and then want to draw lines between the coordinates, separated by each unique identifier. However, using the LineBuilder the output is only coming out of the Point port and nothing is coming out of the Line output port. The workspace worked previously using Desktop 2018, the only difference now is I am using 2020 with updated SQL data, though the data type is unchanged.

icon

Best answer by takashi 2 February 2022, 04:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lifeinabox​ , if each feature has two sets of coordinates - start (x, y) and end (x, y), and you need to create a single line segment connecting the start point and the end point, you can do it just using two VertexCreators (Replace with Point mode and Add Point mode) connected in a series.

vertexcreator-vertexcreator"Add Point" is available too in the first VertexCreator, since the input feature from Non-Spatial SQL doesn't have any geometry in this case. 

Hi @lifeinabox​ , if each feature has two sets of coordinates - start (x, y) and end (x, y), and you need to create a single line segment connecting the start point and the end point, you can do it just using two VertexCreators (Replace with Point mode and Add Point mode) connected in a series.

vertexcreator-vertexcreator"Add Point" is available too in the first VertexCreator, since the input feature from Non-Spatial SQL doesn't have any geometry in this case. 

Hi @Takashi Iijima​, thank you, that worked