Question

java version, Adobe Reader/Writer, Adobe flash

• 27 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have installed a FME Server 2020.1.1.1 with a 2020.2.5.1 engine.

Our security department has te following questions :

•            Are there plans to upgrade the Java version to the newest version?

•            Is the installation of Adobe Reader/Writer a part of the global installation?

•            Is the installation of Adobe Flash a part of the global installation?

Hopefully somebodey can answer the questions.

with kind regards,

John van der Kleijn

Functional manager GIS

Municipality Eindhoven

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @jvdkleijn_ehv​ , thanks for posting! Is this concerning FME Server or FME Engine (if Windows)? Also, for Question #1, do you mean upgrade to latest Java 8 version or is this a question of when we are moving to version 11? Best, Kailin.

Badge +1

Dear kailin,

Thank's for your reply.

about your questions:

Is this concerning FME Server or FME Engine (if Windows)?

• It concerns both.

Question #1, do you mean upgrade to latest Java 8 version or is this a question of when we are moving to version 11?

• I am not known with Java versions. What is the current version?
  • Are there plans to upgrade to a higher Java version. When this is te case, which version?

with kind regards,

John van der Kleijn

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Dear kailin,

Thank's for your reply.

about your questions:

Is this concerning FME Server or FME Engine (if Windows)?

• It concerns both.

Question #1, do you mean upgrade to latest Java 8 version or is this a question of when we are moving to version 11?

• I am not known with Java versions. What is the current version?
  • Are there plans to upgrade to a higher Java version. When this is te case, which version?

with kind regards,

John van der Kleijn

Hello @jvdkleijn_ehv​ , I've confirmed with development that Desktop/Engine (Windows) and Server currently share the same version of Java 8. FME Server is planning to attempt the upgrade to Java 11 or 17 for FME Server 2023.0 (FMESERVER-17624), but will likely upgrade to a newer/the newest version of Java 8 for FME Server 2022.1 or 2022.2. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Badge +1

Dear Kailin,

Thank's for your reply.

As an addition we have the following question.

Can you tell us which log4j version is going to be used in the FME server 2022.1

with kind regards,

John van der Kleijn

Badge

Dear Kailin,

Thank's for your reply.

As an addition we have the following question.

Can you tell us which log4j version is going to be used in the FME server 2022.1

with kind regards,

John van der Kleijn

Hi @jvdkleijn_ehv​ 

I am not sure of the exact version but log4j to version 2.17.1 in FME 2021.2.2 and this applies for newer builds also. Please see this article for more info.

Hope this helps, Daragh