Question

PERSISTENT_CACHE_NAME error

• 20 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to convert from revit to cesium 3d tiles using the dynamic schema definition. I remember it working well before, but suddenly this issue comes up. When disabling the revit reader (only one in the workspace, see image below), the error doesn't pop up, but of course, the attributes are not written since no schema is found.

Any idea on why this happens?

Note: Revit's feature_type_names are separated by a dot character (e.g. Mechanical.MechanicalEquipment)

imageHere is the error:

The PERSISTENT_CACHE_NAME directive must be specified when creating a persistent cache.  It's value should be a valid string useable as a subfolder name
Error fetching dynamic schema definitions from reader `REVITNATIVE_1'. Error reading from `D:\...\plant.rvt' reader.
The PERSISTENT_CACHE_NAME directive must be specified when creating a persistent cache.  It's value should be a valid string useable as a subfolder name
MULTI_WRITER: Error fetching dynamic schema definitions from reader 'REVITNATIVE_1'
AttributeExposer_OUTPUT_-1_168_Player (RecorderFactory): MULTI_WRITER: Error fetching dynamic schema definitions from reader 'REVITNATIVE_1'

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mrdado12345​,

You can disable the persistent cache from the Advanced parameters of the Revit reader. However, I think the problem may be related to the use of '...' in your Revit file path. Please try using '..\\..' instead.

Badge

Hi @mrdado12345​,

You can disable the persistent cache from the Advanced parameters of the Revit reader. However, I think the problem may be related to the use of '...' in your Revit file path. Please try using '..\\..' instead.

Got it, thanks for the help on Persistent Cache, missed that option!

I've modified the filepath to hide some info in the path itself, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the help!