Question

Question regarding to overlap

• 20 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I have two data set (let say floors and units geometries). I use "Spatial relator" to find out if they are equal.

I am sure there are some of the data that might be slightly different. So is there any way that I can set a tolerance, say within 0.1m?

Thank you very much.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Unfortunately not with the spatial relator. You can however use a matcher with a tolerance to check if geometries match.

Badge

Unfortunately not with the spatial relator. You can however use a matcher with a tolerance to check if geometries match.

Thank you! Are you talking about "Vector Tolerance" parameter in Matcher?

If my input is 0.1, does it mean all within 0.1m different will consider a match?

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Thank you! Are you talking about "Vector Tolerance" parameter in Matcher?

If my input is 0.1, does it mean all within 0.1m different will consider a match?

Yes, if your ground units are in metres. If this distance is less than 0.1m they will be considered the same

From the help

“Vector Tolerance” allows two geometries to have spatial variation and still be considered a match. It only applies to vector based geometries (points, curves, areas). It is similar to a Fréchet distance: You have a dog leash of length “vector tolerance.” You will walk along the boundary of one of the geometries, your dog will walk along the boundary of the other. If you can both complete your walk without dropping the leash, the two geometries are within tolerance. This transformer has the added constraint for curves that you and your dog must both start at one end of your curve, and end at the other.

Badge

Sorry, actually my project have to find out overlapping Units ( later I have to check if the units are overlapped with each other)

1. I would like to make sure both floor and unit geometries are aligned first (for those within 1m tolerance); should I use "AnchoredSnapper"?
  2. then I would like to find out which units are overlapped; Should I use "Spatial relator"?

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Sorry, actually my project have to find out overlapping Units ( later I have to check if the units are overlapped with each other)

1. I would like to make sure both floor and unit geometries are aligned first (for those within 1m tolerance); should I use "AnchoredSnapper"?
  2. then I would like to find out which units are overlapped; Should I use "Spatial relator"?

Thank you very much.

Hi @zacharylee1204​ , what kind of spatial relation do you mean with "aligned" here?

Could you please illustrate your desired spatial relationship using images?

Badge

Hi @zacharylee1204​ , what kind of spatial relation do you mean with "aligned" here?

Hi @Takashi Iijima​ , I think this is what I would like to do. Assuming the figure I uploaded are all units. I would like to find out which units are overlapped.

However, I would like to set a tolerance (1m). If the overlapped region are within 1m, I would not count as overlapped. Hence, unit 6 & 7 are not overlapped; only polygon 3, 5 and 6 are overlapped.

I know I can use spatial relator transformer to find the overlap relationship. However, it doesn't have an option for me to set a tolerance (1m).

I really really need some assistance for setting the tolerance.

Thank you and hope you can give me a hand.

Zach

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Start with a Bufferer, buffer your polygons inward by 1m, by setting the Buffer Distance to -1.

Then use the SpatialRelator (you may also want to take a look at the AreaOnAreaOverlayer).

If you want to keep your geometries, store them beforehand in a variable with the GeometryExtractor, and later restore them with the GeometryReplacer.

Buffer_Inwards" data-fileid="0694Q00000H4xRVQAZ