Question

ESRI ArcGIS Server Feature Service reader won't read feature type. Error - ArcGIS Feature Service Reader: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '500' and the message was: 'Error performing query operation'. Details: ''

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a workspace using an ESRI ArcGIS Server Feature Service reader with a token authentication. I am trying to read 3 feature types from the map server and 2 of them read fine but one comes back with the error:

"ArcGIS Feature Service Reader: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '500' and the message was: 'Error performing query operation'. Details: ''"

Does anyone have any ideas of why only one of the feature types would not work? The three feature services should all have the same naming standards and schema so there is no reason why they should behave differently that I can see.

Are there any suggestions for how I might be able to find the source of this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @edwibberley​ a 500 error is a generic error so that doesn't tell us much about what's going wrong here. However, it could be that this is caused by the server having trouble handling the size of the request. I recommend reducing the number of Features Per Request parameter and see if that helps.

Badge

Hi @danminneyatsaf​, thanks for the prompt response. I tried that and it didn't fix the error. Do you think it is likely to be an issue with the layer I an trying to read from?

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @danminneyatsaf​, thanks for the prompt response. I tried that and it didn't fix the error. Do you think it is likely to be an issue with the layer I an trying to read from?

@edwibberley​ based on the fact that you're able to read two of the other feature services, I'm thinking it could be an issue with the layer you're trying to read from. I'd be interested in taking a look at the ArcGIS Feature Service you're trying to access. If you're not comfortable sharing the feature service here, then I recommend opening a support case and we can follow up with you there.