Solved

Overlap issue

• 13 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

So I have two data set (Set A & Set B). I want to find how many B polygons are overlapped on A.

I am able to find the overlapped polygon attribute by using spatial relator (by explode the list).

However, the geometry of the exposed list is not correct. They all have the same geometry (from the test filter transformer).

Is there anyway that I can have both correct attribute and geometry?

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by takashi 13 January 2022, 11:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you also show what your two input datasets look like?

Badge

So basically I use the buildingcs for the linkage. At the end, the list exploder shows the correct numbers of overlapped polygon (in attribute). However, they all show the same geometry polygon.

Badge

So basically I use the buildingcs for the linkage. At the end, the list exploder shows the correct numbers of overlapped polygon (in attribute). However, they all show the same geometry polygon.

No idea why all show the same geometry

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @zacharylee1204​ , the SpatialRelator outputs the input Requestor features containing attributes/lists collected from spatially related Supplier features, so the ListExploder gives an identical geometry to every output features exploded from the same list.

If you need to transfer geometries of the related Supplier features to the resulting features, consider using the pair of GeometryExtractor and GeometryReplacer.

(1) Save the geometry of Supplier as its attribute with the GeometryExtractor, before the SpatialRelator.

(2) In the SpatialRelator, accumulate the geometry attributes from related Suppliers into the list.

(3) Restore the geometry with the GeometryReplacer, after the ListExploder.

In this case, "FME Binary" is the best geometry encoding type for the GeometryExtractor/Replacer.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

No idea why all show the same geometry

If you are wanting your output to contain the supplier geometry rather than the requestor, i would use a GeometryExtractor prior to the SpatialRelator on your suppliers, include that in the list and then you can use a GeometryReplacer to rebuild the supplier geometries.

Badge

Thank you all, it works! :)