Question

the AreaOnAreaOverlayer efficiency is very slow compared with arcgis,is there any other replace?

• 6 January 2022
  • 5 replies

the AreaOnAreaOverlayer efficiency is very slow compared with arcgis,is there any other replace?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @bouyeijiang​ , these transformers process area geometries based on their spatially relationship.

• AreaOnAreaOverlayer
  • Clipper
  • SpatialFilter
  • SpatialRelator

Which one should be used depends on what kind result you want.

I mean, slow execution

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I mean, slow execution

I understand what you mean, but I don't think ArcGIS has a function exactly same as AreaOnAreaOverlayer. I therefore thought there might be a workaround using other transformer to get your desired result more efficiently.

If it's a case where only the AreaOnAreaOverlayer can generate your desired result, I think there is no way to improve performance except upgrading machine spec.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If you look in the help docs there is a section about which different transformers are available and how their performance varies:

The Clipper is probably faster, but as Takashi says, it may not be the exact same functionality.

I'm trying the clipper transformer,it's seems a little faster but the intersection with arcgis is much wrose