Question

WMS Reader: HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'SSL connect error'

• 5 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I'm using a WMS Reader to convert the wms to mbtiles. The workbench is called repeatedly for all my polygons (Bounding Box) with "FMEServerJobSubmitter" from a second workbench. The first conversions run succesfully but after a few iterations the process stops with the error: 

HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'SSL connect error'

Please ensure that your network connection is properly set up

|No proxy settings have been entered. If you require a proxy to access external URLs, please ensure the appropriate information has been entered

The error occurs only in FME Server, in FME Desktop 2017.1 I do not have this problem.

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi @cschloff​,  In the HTTPCaller could you try setting "Verify SSL Certificates" to no and use a HTTPS value for the connection URL? Also, are you able to connect to your Socrata account without issue with FME Server / FME Desktop? Are you also able to confirm that the call is not going through a proxy or load balancer?

Hello Jenna,

thank you very much for your answer. I am already using an https value and the call is not through a proxy or load balancer. Is it possible to verify SSL certificates with the WMS Reader? The workbench is very simple, there is only one WMS Reader and one MBTILES Writer for each zoom level. The error message appears randomly in the iteration process during a call of the WMS, there is no relation to a specific geometry or passed parameters.